Are you looking to become a security guard in the Philippines or a foreign through the Philippine overseas employment administration (POEA)? If so, you’ll need to understand the process of applying for a security guard position through the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA). In this blog post, we’ll discuss the eligibility criteria, required documents, and the process of becoming a security guard in the Philippines. We’ll also discuss the benefits, challenges, and tips for a successful security guard career.
What is a Security Guard?
A security guard is a professional tasked with protecting people and property. They are hired by businesses and organizations to provide security services and are responsible for deterring crime and protecting people from potential threats. Security guards may be required to monitor premises, conduct patrols, control access to certain areas, and respond to emergencies.
Job Description Of Security Guard POEA
A security guard in the Philippines is responsible for ensuring the safety and security of people, property, and assets. They may patrol an area on foot or in a vehicle, monitor security cameras, and write reports. Some security guards also work as armed guards.
Eligibility Criteria for Security Guard through POEA
Many security companies in the Philippines are always in need of security guards. The most common qualifications required for this position are as follows:
– At least 18 years of age
– A high school diploma or equivalent
– A valid driver’s license
– Ability to pass a background check and drug test
– Basic computer skills
– Good communication skills
– Physical fitness
Required Documents for the Security Guard job in POEA
Once you meet the eligibility criteria for becoming a security guard, you’ll need to gather the necessary documents for applying for the job. The required documents for applying for a security guard position through POEA include the following:
- A valid government-issued ID (i.e., a Philippine passport, driver’s license, etc.)
- A copy of your high school diploma or equivalent
- A police clearance certificate
- A medical certificate from a licensed physician
- A Certificate of Good Moral Character from your previous employer (if applicable)
- A copy of your resume
How to Apply for a Security Guard Position through POEA
Once you have all the required documents, you can start the application process for a security guard position through POEA. You’ll need to create an account on the POEA website and fill out the online application form. The form should include your personal information, educational background, work experience, and contact details. You’ll also need to upload the required documents and submit the application.
The Process of Becoming a Security Guard in the Philippines
Once your application is approved and you’ve been selected for a security guard position, you’ll need to complete the process of becoming a security guard in the Philippines. This process includes:
- Obtaining the necessary licenses from the Philippine National Police and the Bureau of Jail Management and Penology.
- Completing the required training courses and obtaining the required certifications.
- Passing the necessary examinations and assessments.
- Obtaining the necessary insurance coverage.
Training and Certification Requirements for Security Guards
To become a security guard in the Philippines, you’ll need to complete the required training courses and obtain the necessary certifications. The training courses include basic security, firearms, and first aid training. You’ll also need the necessary credentials, such as the National Security Guard Certificate, the National Security Guard License, and the National Security Guard Badge.
Benefits of Becoming a Security Guard in the Philippines
Becoming a security guard in the Philippines has numerous benefits, including:
- You will gain valuable work experience and develop essential skills such as problem-solving, communication, and conflict resolution.
- You will have the opportunity to work in various environments and gain exposure to different cultures.
- You can positively impact people’s lives by protecting them from potential threats.
- You will receive competitive wages and benefits.
Common Challenges Faced by Security Guards in Philippines POEA
While there are many benefits to becoming a security guard in the Philippines, there are also specific challenges that you may face. These challenges include:
- The job can be physically and mentally demanding. Security guards are often required to work long hours in all weather conditions.
- Security guards are often exposed to potential danger and must be prepared to handle volatile situations.
- Security guards must adhere to strict regulations and must always be vigilant.
Tips for a Successful Security Guard Career in POEA
If you’re looking to make a successful career as a security guard in the Philippines, here are some tips that may help:
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies in the security industry.
- Develop strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Maintain a positive attitude and remain professional at all times.
- Stay physically fit and healthy.
- Remain vigilant at all times.
- Take the initiative and be proactive.
The job outlook for security guards in the Philippines is positive. The demand for security guards is expected to grow in the coming years as the country’s economy continues to develop. Various job opportunities are available for security guards, from working in private businesses to providing security for government buildings and other critical infrastructure.
Security guards in the Philippines typically earn a competitive salary and benefits package. The average salary for a security guard is around PHP 20,000 per month. Some of the top employers of security guards in the Philippines include banks, shopping malls, and other large businesses.
Becoming a security guard in the Philippines is a great way to gain valuable work experience and develop the necessary skills. However, it’s essential to understand the process of applying for a security guard position through POEA, the eligibility criteria, the required documents, and the process of becoming a security guard in the Philippines. It’s also essential to understand the training and certification requirements, the benefits, challenges, and tips for a successful security guard career. If you want to learn how to become a security guard in the Philippines through POEA, this blog post has provided you with the necessary information.