SABIC PETOLEUM COMPANY
About the SABIC
SABIC has more than 33,000 employees worldwide and operates in more than 50 countries. With over 12,500 global patent filings, substantial research resources, and innovation hubs in five important regions—the United States, Europe, the Middle East, North East Asia, and South East Asia—we have a dedication to promoting innovation and an inventive spirit.
At SABIC, we combine a wealth of experience in achieving what seems impossible with an in-depth knowledge of our customers. However, our actual impact comes from being a partner that helps solve problems for our clients so they may fulfil their goals. This is known as “Chemistry those Matters TM.”
About the job
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be in charge job of the chemical management and secure and efficient running of the analytical lab at SABIC’s Mount Vernon location.
- To assist in the development of new technologies, create new analytical techniques for failure mode analysis, compositional and trace metal analysis, and process control.
- To maintain flexible and dependable lab operations, facilitate/develop strategies around workflow processes, equipment upkeep, and lab supplies.
- Support growth initiatives, customer and production concerns, and growth programmes by offering technical collaboration and guidance to the product technology, manufacturing, and commercial teams.
- Look for, evaluate, and develop new characterisation skills that are beneficial to the company. Revise the Elemental Analysis Area’s strategic plans.
- Keep a productive lab environment while giving particular attention to safe laboratory procedures and conditions. This includes diagnosing and fixing equipment.
Experience and Qualification
- Ph.D. (or a M.S. plus 5+ experience) in Analytical Chemistry, Materials/Polymer Science, or a related discipline.
- Shown expertise in developing methods and practical knowledge of analytical techniques as IC, XRF, ICP-OES, and ICP-MS.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the following areas of sample preparation: extraction, acid/microwave digestion, and purification.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; proven capacity to collaborate with people across functional disciplines and at all organisational levels (e.g., business leaders, customers, technicians, engineers, and production teams)
- Exhibited leadership and team-building abilities, the capacity to motivate and inspire others, and the capacity to give guidance and purpose.
- Strong technical, written, and verbal communication abilities; capable of effectively communicating technical information to team members and stakeholders who may not be technical.
- A track record of effectively handling and prioritizing several projects and achieving their goals.