King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals
About King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals
King Fahd University, Royal Decree was used to formally establish King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals (KFUPM) on September 23, 1963. 67 young men registered in what was then known as the College of Petroleum and Minerals (CPM) on September 23, 1964, making up the first class to be admitted a year later. By the 2020 academic year, it is expected that the university’s enrolment would have passed 10,000.
The Research Scientist – Interdisciplinary Research Centre for Membranes and Water Security at KFUPM is looking to fill a number of research jobs with qualified individuals who have the aptitude and willingness to be leaders in the fields of desalination and water treatment research.
About the job
- Membrane-based desalination.
- Thermal desalination.
- Membrane distillation.
- Renewable energy/solar energy-based desalination technology development.
- Alternative emerging desalination technologies.
- Control of fouling agents and scalants are only a few examples.
- Advanced water treatment and safe drinking water are priorities,
- Followed by domestic wastewater reuse and treatment.
- Recharging cleaned wastewater into groundwater aquifers;
- Produced water (crude oil-contaminated) separation and reuse in oil wells;
- Innovative water treatment techniques
- Develop research ideas and get funding from business.
- Carry out basic and practical research on desalination and water treatment.
- Create innovative solutions and goods to reduce corrosion.
- Share research or original works.
- Prepare yearly reports for funding organisations.
- Teaching Ph.D., M.Sc., and/or B.Sc. students are only one of the things you may do.
- You can also develop your desalination and water treatment skills.
Compensation & Benefits Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience. The appointment includes the following benefits according to the university policy.
- Tax-free pay.
- Free on-campus housing with cooling, needed utilities, and upkeep.
- Airline tickets to Dhahran, as planned.
- Annual flight tickets for up to four family members to return back.
- A paid vacation of thirty days.
- Assistance with local tuition costs for dependent children in school.
- Transportation allowance.
- KFUPM Clinic offers free health care.
- Gratuity paid at the end of two years of service.
The KFUPM campus is home to a number of services, including a health club with a pool, a large library, computer, research, and teaching lab facilities, a recreation center, and a private beach.
Qualifications Application requirements include holding a Ph.D. from an accredited institution and display, through peer-reviewed publications, a track record of outstanding scientific achievements in the fields of desalination and water treatment.
Special Requirements for Applicants 1. As soon as feasible, applications are being accepted for research posts at King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.