SABIC Petroleum Company
About the SABIC
SABIC, from increasing the fuel efficiency of cars and planes to preserving the world’s water supply and enabling vibrant smartphone cases, we solve problems in the present to support our clients in fulfilling their goals and creating a brighter future.
About the job
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
- The following some of the tasks done:
- As a specialist, he will be in charge of creating and maintaining business Standards and Guidelines regarding Materials, Welding, NDE, and Corrosion Engineering. In addition, he will be in charge of training, mentoring, and the transfer of technical skills to juniors and subordinates.
- Project Management:
- Provide discipline engineers with support on metallurgical issues during technical bid clarification efforts; in-person meetings with bidders for clarification.
- Review of PDP and FEED packages; and other activities related to the bidding cycle until the contract is award.
- Ensure that all research, designs, specifications, drawings, and other paperwork for the responsibilities given to him finish on schedule.
- Throughout the project, make sure there are no materially links NCRs.
- Participate in MSD, PFD, RBI, and P&ID review meetings.
- During the EPC phase, participation in risk-based inspection activities is require.
- Assistance with technical document approval, waiver/concession requests, and other technical inquiries.
- Take charge of the training of employees who report to him. Inform the department manager about any shortcomings that need to be solved with training. Give subordinates technological capabilities.
- It will be advantageous to have certification in CSWIP TWI Level III 3.2 or IWE/EWE-IIW, NACE Corrosion Specialist, API 571, API 577, API 580, and API 934.
- Offer the Affiliates, Mega, and Site Projects consulting services.
- As necessary offer technical support to other departments and organisations.
- Within the parameters of the PE&S KPI targets, review and approval of SES-related waivers and clarifications.
- Works in a multidisciplinary, multiproject, multicultural setting, according to protocols, standards, and best practises.
- Aids in the solving of difficult technical engineering and design problems that come up while large-scale projects and site projects are being carried out.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or Metallurgical Engineering.
- Master’s degree is preferred.
- 20+ Years’ experience.