SABIC petroleum company
About the SABIC
SABIC, from increasing the fuel efficiency of cars and planes to preserving the world’s water supply and enabling brilliant smartphone cases, we solve problems in the present to support our clients in realising their goals and creating a brighter future.
About the job
In order to improve the corporate sustainability footprint, the Principal Process Engineer will be in charge of reviewing and ensuring adherence to E&PM Sustainability Engineering procedures for Mega Projects during the PDP, Basic Engineering, and Detailed Engineering phases. The goal is to minimise GHG emissions, energy, water, and waste generation.
Job Purpose and Responsibilities
- Examine, develop, and update SES related to sustainability.
- Including regulations and sustainability requirements in the engineering design.
- Evaluate, develop, and integrate the SES with the policy.
- Assist in creating Invitation to Bid (ITB) documents for big initiatives that include a Sustainability section that fits the project.
- Take part in technical bid clarification exercises, in-person meetings with bidders to explain issues, technical evaluation reports, bidder ratings, and other activities related to the bidding cycle until the contract is granted.
- Examining records and deliverables at various project stages.
- Assist senior engineer in offering engineering consulting services and sustainability processes to Affiliates, Mega, and Site Projects.
- Consider the SABIC Sustainability Direction and Energy Efficiency Policy when evaluating exclusions and clarifications related to sustainability and energy efficiency.
Experience and Qualification
Usually a decade of expertise in the oil and gas, fertiliser, petrochemical, and refining industries. The ideal 15 years would be spent employed as a sustainability engineer for a prominent worldwide FEED/EPC contractor, building green and brown field facilities for the petrochemical or related chemical and fertiliser industries. Experience in the following:
- For green and brown field projects, the full project cycle (basic and detailed engineering, construction, pre-commissioning, and commissioning assistance) is optimal.
- Competent in the procedures and equipment required to improve the sustainability of the petrochemical manufacturing operations.
- Familiar with global norms, regulations, and practises concerning process engineering design and sustainability.