SABIS Education Management
SABIS® is a global education network that has an active presence in 21 countries on five continents and educates students in both the private and public sectors. The SABIS® Educational System, which was created and enhanced over more than 135 years, is employed in SABIS® schools. All SABIS® services students benefit from a long history of educational achievement, which depends on a philosophy that tries to give pupils an outstanding education that equips them to take on the challenges of a changing world.
About the Job
- Using the available lesson plans for their subject(s) (or, if appropriate and necessary, developing such plans based on the provided pacing charts) in order to be able to teach using the SABIS point system.
- The marking of tests in accordance with the department’s timetable and materials and in relation to their subject matter.
- When necessary, discussing disciplinary and student performance issues with the department’s head and academic quality controller (AQC).
- Introducing the SABIS point system to create a learning-friendly environment in the classroom.
- Providing assistance by supervising exams when necessary in a suitable and properly managed exam setting.
- Giving academically underachieving students support so they can improve and become more motivated to fulfil their potential.
- Create and/or adhere to a plan for preparing for external exams by studying previous exams in accordance with the structured revision schedule (where relevant to a particular grade).
- Assisting with tasks that can involve testing students, filling in for absent instructors, scheduling kids for lunches and buses, managing traffic (vehicles and people), and other administrative tasks that the school SABIS management may give to him/her.
- Coordinating with the student life coordinator to prepare and take part in activity plans for all such student life-related events, including but not limited to art, open houses, and physical education.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor degree in a related subject matter and/or equivalent
- English Proficient / Native English Speaker (depending on subject)
- MS Office needed components
- Communication Skills
- Ability to work within a team