SABIC PETROLEUM COMPANY
About the SABIC
SABIC has more than 33,000 employees worldwide and operates in more than 50 countries. With over 12,500 global patent filings, significant academic resources, and innovation hubs in five important regions—the United States, Europe, the Middle East, North East Asia, and South East Asia—we adhere to promoting innovation and an inventive spirit.
At SABIC, we combine a wealth of experience in achieving what seems impossible with an in-depth knowledge of our clientele. However, our real influence comes from being a partner that helps solve problems for our clients so they may fulfill their goals. This is known as “Chemistry that Matters TM”.
About the job
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out the year-end, quarterly, and monthly closing of the legal businesses under your supervision in compliance with approved accounting protocols. This include clearing intermediate accounts, calculating and posting corporate income tax, reporting on legal entities, analyzing legal entity balances, account reconciliations, and making posts (such as accruals, equity, investments, and indirect tax).
- Coordination of inventory analysis, reporting, fixed assets, project accounting, and regional period end close.
- Product costing and inventory revaluations incorporating NRV, obsolescence, and intercompany profit elimination
- Bank accounting and payroll accounting; leadership and supervision in cycle counting and physical inventory
- Start, create, and provide stakeholders with financial steering information, which includes financial and non-financial reporting.
- Prepare the corresponding legal entities’ statutory financial statements.
- Support the deliverables and requirements for external reporting.
Education and Qualification
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting and finance, or a related discipline, or comparable professional experience
- 6 to 9 years of relevant professional experience in accounting and finance.
- Familiarity with local GAAP and IFRS, or standard accounting practises.
- A proactive attitude and the capacity to work both individually and collaboratively.
- A solid understanding of the systems and procedures used in accounting and reporting, with a preference for SAP expertise.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking abilities; able to establish a strong network and exert constructive influence inside the company.
- Capable of swiftly analysing procedures, spotting areas for development, and acting as a catalyst for change to translate such chances into real change.