SABIC Petroleum Company
About the SABIC
SABIC, from increasing the fuel efficiency of cars and planes to preserving the world’s water supply and enabling vibrant smartphone cases. We solve problems in the present to support our clients in fulfilling their goals and creating a brighter future.
About the Job
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide Business Units and Manufacturing business continuity with excellent analytical support that is in line with business needs and impact, all within scheduled periods.
- Encourage technological innovation in analytical material characterisation to deliver excellent technical solutions and support for T&I major projects. SABIC Affiliates projects, and new method and capability creation and implementation.
- Possesses strong technical understanding in the areas of metallurgy/corrosion analysis, coating testing, refractory testing, and material characterisation.
- Has extensive expertise using XRD, XRF, OES, CS, and ON&H analyzers to characterise metallic and non-metallic samples using traditional and non-standard test procedures.
- Extensive practical experience doing corrosion testing, monitoring, and coating assessment.
- Use a variety of standard and custom techniques to prepare samples for material characterisation for normal and non-routine testing. While applying analytical techniques.
- Assure that all operations, including instrument calibration, maintenance, and test method Maintenance, adhere to ISO 17025, and take part in the PTS programme.
- Collaborate with lab chemists, engineers, and technicians to carry out EHSS/SHEMs protocols. Maintain instruments and tools, and foster a progressive mindset in the laboratory and office.
- Uses and maintains equipment, identifies malfunctions, troubleshoots, and makes necessary repairs.
- Supports laboratory personnel orientation and training, including but not limited to Laboratory Scientists.
Experience and Qualification
- Master or Ph.D’s degree in Analytical Chemistry, Metallurgy, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, Corrosion Science or closely related field.
- Strong fundamental knowledge of analytical chemistry, and material characterization technologies.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant expertise in analytical chemistry, preferably in the areas of refractory analysis, corrosion/coating testing, characterization of materials (metals, powder, liquid, polymers, and catalysts) using primarily XRF/XRD analyses, C/S & O/N&H analyses, TGA, and FTIR.
- Knowledge in statistics and design of experiments is preferred.