King Saud University Medical City
About King Saud University Medical City
King Saud University Medical City (KSUMC) is a multi-facility and multi-disciplinary academic medical centre that provides supplementary medical care. More than 1,300 full-time doctors work at the exclusive medical facility. The medical city’s doctors are recognise authorities in a range of clinical fields, who are held by an expert team of allied health, administrative, and support service personnel.
The medical city seeks to modernise integrated healthcare administration by promoting training and education, carers, and research on all fronts.
About the job
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures the proper delegation of patient care and other responsibilities when coordinating the nursing staff.
- Upholds high standards of patient care in the department or unit.
- Conducts a thorough and accurate nursing assessment of clients using the appropriate tools and knowledge based on evidence.
- Responds properly as a nurse in situations of emergency and other situations where the safety of the client is at risk.
- Upholds patient records to specific standards.
- Constantly assesses the client’s progress towards their goals, taking into account therapies and offering health education in conjunction with the patient and other medical specialists.
- Assumes professional responsibility for the administration, preservation, and documentation of medication in accordance with organisation policies and procedures.
- Takes on obligations for duties given by nursing leadership and educators.
- Follows the organization’s policies and procedures for infection prevention and control, and takes every effort to uphold strict infection control standards at all times.
- Exhibits proficiency using specific tools connected with their units, such as monitors, ventilators, IV pumps, etc.
- Assumes a leadership role in interpreting and putting the philosophy and nursing care principles into practise in the designated region.
- Contributes to the performance reviews of other nursing staff members and takes part in the yearly performance reviews with the line manager.
- Acts as a mentor or preceptor to assist other junior, new members of the nursing team, and students in achieving their learning objectives by delegating responsibilities and duties in guiding and managing activities and resources.
- Remains current with research and evolving clinical developments that are relevant to the treatment of patients in the clinical setting.
- Takes part in unit activities, continuously assesses quality improvement efforts to raise standards, and adheres to by ROPs, other Organisation rules, and certification criteria.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor: 4 years work experience in Clinical Nursing.
- Master: 2 years work experience in the specific area with demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Fluent in English.
- Master Degree in Nursing or relevant qualification.
- Current Basic Life Support Certification.