SABIC petroleum company
About the SABIC
SABIC, is a leading chemical company in the world operates in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. From improving the fuel efficiency of automobiles and aircraft to facilitating the use of colourful smartphone cases and contributing to the preservation of the world’s water supply. We solve problems in the present to support our clients in realising their goals and creating a brighter future.
In order to help our clients, we seek for and create opportunities in important end markets like construction, packaging, agri-nutrients, electrical and electronics, transportation, medical devices, and renewable energy.
About the job
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
- In the field of olefins and aromatic compounds, apply basic and cutting-edge engineering principles. Expertise in heat and mass transport, thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, simulation, and models to create and develop unique processes and technical solutions. Work on multi-year technological breakthrough process designs, from pilot scales locally to global commercial scales.
- Exhibit significant process knowledge and expertise in identifying and managing successful. Research initiatives for the development of advanced technologies in the olefin and aromatic industries.
- Use strong scientific research techniques to create simulation, predictive modelling, and analytic tools for technology development, as well as to assess and analyse experimental and research data.
- Assess the potential investment and business value of new processes using CDP and preliminary economic evaluations.
- Perform feasibility studies and due diligence on new technologies, including advancements in the technology of olefins and aromatics. Develop a technological white paper that translates technical expertise into suggestions and directives that are appropriate for upper management.
- Provide project managers and teams with training and guidance.
- Efficiently utilise worldwide engineering resources and assets in innovative, strategically-driven technology development projects.
- To stay up to date on relevant subjects and to facilitate collaboration in order to accomplish SABIC business objectives. Coordinate and work with external professional bodies (consortium), forums, research entities, expert groups, and technology suppliers as necessary.
- Minimum Post Graduate Degree in Chemical Engineering.
- 15 years of knowledge in research and development of alternative technologies, with an emphasis on carbon-neutral and energy-efficient methods, for the production of olefins and aromatics.
- Special skills: Project management, neutralising carbon, chemical technologies, process engineering, and cracker operations.