SABIS Education Management
SABIS® is a global education network that has an active presence in 21 countries on five continents and educates students in both the private and public sectors. The SABIS® Educational System, which has been refined and enhanced over more than 135 years, is employed in SABIS® schools. All SABIS® services students benefit from a long history of educational achievement, which rests on a philosophy that tries to provide children an excellent education that prepares them to take on the challenges of a changing world.
About the job
- Using the readily accessible lesson plans for their subject(s) (or, if appropriate and necessary, developing such plans based on the provided pacing charts) in order to be able to teach using the SABIS point system.
- marking tests pertinent to their subject matter in accordance with the department’s timetable and materials.
- When necessary, discussing disciplinary and student performance issues with the department’s head and academic quality controller (AQC).
- Introducing the SABIS point system to create a learning-friendly atmosphere in the classroom.
- Supporting students who are academically underperforming by invigilating tests when necessary in a suitable and well-managed exam setting.
- Supporting academically struggling pupils by encouraging them to improve and achieve their potential.
- Create and/or adhere to a structured revision strategy for external exams by going through past exams according to time (where appropriate to a specific grade).
- Assisting with responsibilities that may be given to him/her by the school SABIS management, such as assisting with testing students, filling in for absent teachers, scheduling students for lunches and buses, managing traffic (both vehicles and people), and other administrative tasks.
- Attending training sessions as sought by school administration to better their understanding of the SABIS system and to improve their performance.
- This includes planning and taking part in all such student life-related activities, including but not limited to art, open houses, and physical education.
- Completing any additional related responsibilities or projects as they receive them by the school SABIS management and as they arise up.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor degree in a related subject matter and/or equivalent
- Native Arabic Speaker
- MS Office needed components
- Communication Skills
- Ability to work within a team